Black Mirror (2011)
Last update on Sep 13, 17
- Black Mirror
- Air date:
- Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
- Plot summary:
A contemporary British re-working of The Twilight Zone with stories that tap into the collective unease about our modern world. Over the last ten years, technology has transformed almost every aspect of our lives before we've had time to stop and question it. In every home; on every desk; in every palm - a plasma screen; a monitor; a smartphone - a black mirror of our 21st Century existence.
Season 1 04-12-2011
- 1. The National Anthem Dec 04, 11 A twisted parable for the Twitter age, The National Anthem looks at how life is very much harder for the rich and supposedly powerful now that information is disseminated so quickly and public opinion is so loud, powerful and quick to change. It's a political thriller in which the Prime Minister faces a huge dilemma - and that's all that can be revealed for now...
- 2. Fifteen Million Merits Dec 11, 11 Set in a sarcastic version of a future reality, 15 Million Merits is a satire on entertainment shows and our insatiable thirst for distraction. In this world, everyone is confined to a life of strange physical drudgery. The only way to escape this life is to enter the 'Hot Shot' talent show and just pray you can impress the judges.
- 3. The Entire History of You Dec 18, 11 Set in an alternative reality where everyone has access to a system which records everything they do, see or hear. You need never forget a face, a holiday or a night out again...
Season 2 11-02-2013
- 1. Be Right Back Feb 11, 13 Martha and Ash are a young couple who move to a remote cottage. The day after the move, Ash is killed, returning the hire van. At the funeral, Martha's friend Sarah tells her about a new service that lets people stay in touch with the deceased. By using all his past online communications and social media profiles, a new 'Ash' can be created. Martha is disgusted by the concept but then in a confused and lonely state she decides to talk to 'him'...
- 2. White Bear Feb 18, 13 Victoria wakes up and cannot remember anything about her life. Everyone she encounters refuses to communicate with her and enjoys filming her discomfort on their phones. Victoria meets Jem, who explains that a signal is being transmitted that has turned most of the population into dumb voyeurs. This apathy has allowed the unaffected, the 'hunters', to do what they want and they are out to get people like her and Victoria.
- 3. The Waldo Moment Feb 25, 13 Meet Waldo... a CGI blue bear from a children's educational TV show who in reality is an anarchic character on a satirical late-night topical comedy show. Behind the scenes, Waldo is voiced and controlled by failed comedian Jamie Salter. When the channel decide they would like to give Waldo his own pilot, the production company enter him into a political race against one of his victims, Conservative Liam Monroe, for a stunt. Jamie isn't comfortable with politics - he just sees himself as a clown - but once the wheels start turning there's no stopping the thing.
Season 3 21-10-2016
- 1. Nosedive Oct 21, 16 A woman desperate to boost her social media score hits the jackpot when she's invited to a swanky wedding. But the trip doesn't go as planned.
- 2. Playtest Oct 21, 16 An American traveler short on cash signs up to test a revolutionary new gaming system, only to discover the thrills are a little too real.
- 3. Shut Up and Dance Oct 21, 16 After a virus infects his laptop, a teen faces a daunting choice: carry out orders delivered by text message, or risk having intimate secrets exposed.
- 4. San Junipero Oct 21, 16 In a seaside town in 1987, a shy young woman and an outgoing party girl strike up a powerful bond that seems to defy the laws of space and time.
- 5. Men Against Fire Oct 21, 16 After his first battle with an elusive enemy, a soldier begins experiencing unfamiliar sensations and strange technical glitches.
- 6. Hated in the Nation Oct 21, 16 The death of a journalist at the center of a social media firestorm leads a veteran detective and her tech-savvy apprentice to a chilling discovery.