Last update on Sep 13, 17
- Air date:
- Plot summary:
A complex drama about power politics in the world of New York high finance. Shrewd, savvy U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades and the brilliant, ambitious hedge fund king Bobby "Axe" Axelrod are on an explosive collision course, with each using all of his considerable smarts, power and influence to outmaneuver the other. The stakes are in the billions in this timely, provocative series.
Season 1 17-01-2016
- 1. Pilot Jan 17, 16 An inside tip sparks a high stakes game of cat and mouse.
- 2. Naming Rights Jan 24, 16 Chuck's probe is temporarily derailed. Axe makes an aggressive move.
- 3. Yumtime Jan 31, 16 Axe makes an activist play in a move that reverberates back to Chuck.
- 4. Short Squeeze Feb 07, 16 Axe deals with a betrayal. Chuck learns the inner workings of Axe Capital.
- 5. The Good Life Feb 14, 16 Axe unceremoniously disappears. Chuck intensifies his investigation.
- 6. The Deal Feb 21, 16 Wendy facilitates a deal that hinges on a meeting between Chuck and Axe.
- 7. The Punch Mar 06, 16 The pressure starts to affect Axe. Chuck uses the past to his advantage.
- 8. Boasts and Rails Mar 13, 16 A tip throws the case into jeopardy. Secrets surface from Axe's past.
- 9. Where the F*ck is Donnie? Mar 20, 16 A sudden and mysterious disappearance sends both Axe and Chuck spinning.
- 10. Quality of Life Mar 27, 16 Axe and Wendy do some soul searching. Chuck suffers a devastating setback.
- 11. Magical Thinking Apr 03, 16 Axe loses big on a bad trade. Chuck finds proof that could save the case.
- 12. The Conversation Apr 10, 16 Chuck goes in search of Axe and an explosive confrontation.
Season 2 19-02-2017
- 1. Risk Management Feb 19, 17 In the aftermath of their Season One confrontation, U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades and hedge fund king Bobby Axelrod are digging out of the wreckage. Chuck faces scrutiny from within his office and from the Attorney General. Axe refortifies Axe Capital, and weighs his options for retaliation. The fund wrestles with a precarious economic landscape that threatens the very existence of Axe Cap. Wendy entertains an offer from a rival hedge fund manager. Lara intervenes in an emergency at her children’s school.
- 2. Dead Cat Bounce Feb 26, 17 Axe publicly spars with a rival hedge fund manager and with the help of a talented intern initiates a new financial play to hurt the competition. Chuck deploys his team to quickly find a high-profile case that might save his sinking status. Wendy navigates a minefield of questioning that could result in disaster for Chuck.
- 3. Optimal Play Mar 05, 17 Axe considers buying an NFL franchise and develops a new ally. Chuck begins a last-ditch case against a banking titan by developing a low-level informant. Axe Cappers attend the annual Alpha Cup Charity Poker Tournament. Wendy makes a controversial appearance at the tournament by accompanying Axe's competitor as his performance coach. Lara launches her new business.
- 4. The Oath Mar 12, 17 Chuck develops a new strategy when his case stalls. Wendy helps a tech billionaire assess a candidate for a special project. Axe considers pledging half his net worth to charity. Lara's business faces a rival. Axe and Chuck find themselves in a room together for the first time since their face-off.
- 5. Currency Mar 19, 17 Chuck, Connerty and Sacker must rely on an anxious insider who's willing to wear a wire. Meanwhile, Axe's numbers take a big hit, leaving him to scout ideas for a quick play with a huge payoff. Wendy rediscovers her passion for her former job at Axe Capital through an old colleague. The reality of Lara's business starts to affect her marriage.
- 6. Indian Four Mar 26, 17 Axe negotiates with a reluctant seller, who is key to the success of Axe’s municipal bond play. Wendy makes a professional decision that adds further conflict to her relationship with Chuck. As attempts to reach a deal with a high profile defendant fail, Chuck’s office faces the uncertainty of jury selection. Tensions between Lara and Axe escalate.
- 7. Victory Lap Apr 02, 17 Axe assembles a war room in the Hamptons following a disastrous setback in Sandicot for Axe Capital. The fate of the town hangs in the balance while Axe seeks counsel on how to best recoup his losses. Meanwhile, Chuck capitalizes on a high-profile victory, but alienates Wendy in the process, causing the couple to change the status of their separation.
- 8. The Kingmaker Apr 09, 17 Axe investigates who was behind the breakdown in his Sandicot dealings but faces formidable opposition. Chuck digs up dirt on a political rival. Lara makes a PR trip to Sandicot to ease tensions between the town and the Axelrods. Wendy helps Taylor solve a problem at Axe Capital. Chuck and Senior curry favor with a powerful ally.
- 9. Sic Transit Imperium Apr 16, 17 Axe is offered inside information from a former employee and considers whether to use it. Chuck faces external pressure to drop an ongoing investigation. Lara plans a lavish birthday celebration for Axe only to discover he's lied to her about his relationship with Wendy. Chuck is willing to support Ira and Senior's investment in a company about to go public.
- 10. With or Without You Apr 23, 17 Axe deals with a major family disturbance involving Lara and the kids. Chuck considers the potential pitfalls of his personal life while being vetted for political advancement. Wendy tries to right a wrong she committed against Axe. At an impromptu dinner Chuck and Wendy open up to each other.
- 11. Golden Frog Time Apr 30, 17 Chuck finds he has much at stake in the success of a new business venture; Senior, too, is heavily invested. Meanwhile, Axe takes out a massive short and takes steps to insure its failure. Wendy wrestles with a familiar and uncomfortable position: caught between Axe and Chuck.
- 12. Ball in Hand May 07, 17 Axe receives news from an unexpected source that he's in the crosshairs of law enforcement. While Axe moves quickly to safeguard his livelihood, Chuck arranges the last pieces of his long game in order to secure victory. Lara marshals her resources to protect what’s hers. Wendy and Chuck make a momentous decision about the state of their marriage. Season finale.